Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some thoughts

In the midst of doing testimonials (I marvel at the wonders of linguistic manipulation that it is able to make all things bright and beautiful :)), I decided to take a break and read a friend's blog.

She talked about her visit to Oxford, the town of her alma mater. Haha, in a way, I am very grateful to her for so generously sharing her thoughts on her visit. She spoke about how it was a trip down memory lane and the strange but yet familiar feeling one gets. She also spoke of her apprehension before taking the trip.

I wonder how I would feel like when I visit Glasgow again? To be fair, that isn't my alma mater. In fact, rather uncannily, I had taken a trip to my alma mater today! Hm but i think i was too busy running errands today to appreciate the trip. And somehow, strangely enough, though I do appreciate my alma mater to some extent, there isn't that kind of affection towards it anymore? But I digress.

Have been wanting to take a trip to Glasgow. Not just to the Scottish isles (which are my all-time favourite) but to Glasgow itself. With friends all gone, I wonder how I would feel towards it again? Well, I guess I'll not know it for a long time for lack of financial resources :( But for now, I'll appreciate the present. My job (yes, my job for its stability, predictability and perhaps possible influence over a few lives), my family and my friends who have been there and seen me through the good and rough times of my life. Haha, sounds like a thank-you speech. Pardon me for it, as I dwell on the thought that these things could vanish or be out of reach for some reason or other. Just like how Glasgow is a part of my memory now (though I am thankful that most friends remain). Morbid some may say.

Sorry for this rather 'meaningless'? post. Just that reading a friend's blog jolted some thoughts of my own.

No comments: