Thursday, September 20, 2007

Talk about Jesus everywhere

It is a strange day today. And as I am typing this, I still feel a certain sense of unease though it's much comforted by God's word and the safety of my bedroom.

Went out with a group of colleagues today and we met with an accident on our way there. It was a minor accident though my friend's car was quite badly dented. We were talking about something very animatedly when my friend's car crashed the back of the truck. As far as we recall, the truck was moving at a v slow pace and then stopped whilst my fren was turning back to talk to us and did not notice that the truck had stopped. I wished that my reflexes had been faster to tell my friend to stop the car. We were distracted.

Before that, as we were driving out of the school, a car had suddenly stopped in the middle of the road to drop off someone. It was very dangerous cos' it was really sudden. Thank God that my friend stopped his car fast in time. After that, another car in front of the previous car suddenly decided to cut a lane and this caused some temporary confusion and drivers had to react fast. Thankfully, God kept us safe too. At that point in time, I thought that things were not going on v smoothly for the day (I forgot if I had voiced my thoughts). The accident happened later. After the accident, I shared my thought with another colleague who is a Christian and she actually felt the same way too at that point but thought that she could be too morbid.

The day went on as we had our activities in the end. Talked about work, aspirations, childhood memories, relationships, horrible people we meet. On the way back on a cab, I felt a strong sense of unease on the road. I don't know if it is the after-effect of the accident but I felt this unease even thinking about my colleagues and also as I walked back home. Somehow the air seems different and it is very real. I prayed hard to God to ensure my safe arrival at home and also my friends' safety.

Opened the Bible which had been in neglect for some time and read 2 Tim 4:1-5. 2 Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season. It's a much needed reminder that I really need GOD at all times of my life, even in conditions when it might not be so conducive for growth. GOD is very real in my life and I do feel that I owe Him a lot. As my friend says, "things could have been worse." Yah, the accident could have been worse. My family circumstances could have been worse. I thank GOD for always looking after me and sending His angels over me and my loved ones. He watches over me even when I am his slack disciple (I speak this with shame). There are a lot of distractions in this world (such as those we talked about) but I mustn't be distracted.

Just uttered a prayer for GOD to watch over me.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:11-12

These are points relevant to today's topic. http://fatherissues.wordpress.com/2007/08/21/for-we-wrestle-not-against-flesh-and-blood/

No comments: