Sunday, May 20, 2007

When God speaks...

Left service super early today or rather as soon as possible. Tears rolled down my cheeks as Pastor prayed the closing prayer. Don't know why, they just came, in fact, I have not cried for a very very long time. No, it wasn't any emotive music, nor was it any hyped-up crowd appeal...it was just simply the Word of God, preached as it is, quite straight-laced. God has been speaking to me these weeks through His messages and my (ashamedly sometimes inconsistent) quiet time readings. In fact, I found it hard to sit through the recent messages. They were too tough to endure cos' they struck exactly where it hurts. Yet, I know that they are needful. Although I may not exactly know what I can do or should do, I am thankful that God is speaking. I am SO afraid of the day that God will just give up on me, and not speak. I pray that my heart will listen to what He is saying.

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?" (Hebrews 12: 6-7)

No comments: