Friday, February 22, 2008

It's been a while

This blog has been silent for quite some time and I thought that an entry today is justified.

I am not someone who celebrates birthdays/other special occasions (especially since it has not been a culture in my family to do so and considering that I am really bad with numbers and the like). Yet, through friends/colleagues who do so each year, I am learning to show care to others in more visible ways (I still did in the past but I guess others never knew about it.)

I feel blessed because I have friends who care for me, who are not going through the motions of celebrations for the sake of doing so. I feel blessed because I am learning from my loved ones/friends each day, in ways that allow me to empathise and consider others more each day.

And today is just a tad little special because it is the first time I had the double surprise :) Students And Ex-students celebrating it for me. Although not every student does so, it gives me some encouragement and hope that my life might affect a few ones for GOD (See Oct 24 2007 entry). I don't know how but may GOD do His work mightily. Afterall, I am most blessed because I have Him.

No comments: