Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dream/ Passion (Cont'd)

In my daily interactions these 2 weeks, I am just reminded of my older post on one's dreams and passion. Many of us are really too busy to think about such things (myself included). However, as one who seeks meaning in life, I can't go on without thinking about these things. One can keep one's calendar filled and running here and there like a madman, and yet feel empty. But most of the time, we are so caught up with things that we can't even hear or feel the emptiness. This is what I gathered when I talked to people about these issues recently.

On a related point, I just read blogs by some Christians I know. It is good to hear their encouragements and learn about their struggles as we all embark on our pilgrim journey here. They are definitely more focussed on GOD and church related activities than I am. Currently, I do feel a hunger to want to go back. To go back to that place of service. Yet I am afraid that my schedule doesn't permit me to. Ya, there you have it- the confessions of a selfish gal.

I hear of people leaving their jobs to go to the ministry (NOT that I'll do that lah-firstly, I'm not that altruistic/spiritual and secondly, I need to earn money to support loved ones). Yet, a question pops up in this already quite complex (confused?) brain of mind about how much God actually figures in my plans. God has reminded me about this some time back and here there is another reminder. In planning or even looking forward to dreams ahead, do I bother to think about God? - Is this something in God's will? Or does God have another plan for me? Will it affect my walk with God?

I thank God for sending reminders like these. I am so forgetful and single-minded at times (e.g. when I need to complete a task) that I might just forget about taking care of myself and walk about like a child without sitting at my Father's feet.

End of ramblings. Good night.

No comments: